This Federal Agency needed operational simplicity and ease of use for individuals across the enterprise. The project included replacing an aging EOS infrastructure and addressing performance bottlenecks and growing demand for VDI and security.
n2grate worked with a Federal Agency to design and install a new architecture and transfer their knowledge through training and support. n2grate designed a custom solution for this Federal agency using products from Cisco including:
- HCI – Cisco Hyperflex
- Reduced physical footprint
- Simplified management (reduced management points)
- Improved performance for VDI workloads
- Network SDN – Cisco ACI
- 10/40 Gbps Fabric
- Operational Efficiencies gained through the implementation of SDN (Centralized Management)
- Increased security posture for East-West traffic through implementation of micro-segmentation
- Storage/Backup – EMC Data Protection Suite (Data Domain + Networker) and Quantum Tap
- Addressed Data Protection/archive requirements
- Reduced storage footprint using data reduction technology
The Federal Agency now has a simplified and efficient infrastructure with a reduced footprint and increased security.